To become a VAT registered business you will need to register with HMRC.
You must register if your turnover exceeds £81,000 over a 12 month period (2015/2016). However, you can also voluntary register if your turnover is lower.
You can be a VAT registered if you operate as any one of the following:
- Sole Traders
- Limited Liability Partnerships and
- Limited Companies.
VAT is one of the most complex of taxes with its differing rates and schemes. The penalty scheme for incorrect VAT compliance can be very costly.
We can advise and assist you on:
- registering for VAT
- administrating and completing your VAT Returns
- the most cost effective and appropriate scheme for your business
- deregister you for VAT
- negotiate with HMRC if disputes arise
We are able to advise you on the following schemes:
- Flat rate
- Partial exemption
- Cash accounting vs Accruals accounting
A business can deregister for VAT when the turnover falls below £73,000 over a 12 month period (2015/16).